Training Approved by SIP in BC, Canada, and other countries by SIP Members
The Broad Context:
- SIP has been a source over the last twenty years of much of the professional training in Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy (STST) around the world.
- SIP provides its own programs here in BC, attracting both local and international participants.
- Other agencies also provide STST training approved and presented by SIP members in BC, Canada and many other countries.
Agency Application Process for Program Approval
- The organizer of these training programs may apply for them to be Approved by SIP using the SIP Approved Program Application Form (see forms below). This means SIP approves the content as congruent with SIP's current understanding of the Satir Model and the competency of the trainer to deliver it. Participants may receive Certificates of Completion from the organizer countersigned by SIP.
- Organizations that receive approval will be able to use the words “This program is Approved by the Satir institute of the Pacific” on their own internal certificates.
- Organizations may also send their certificates to SIP to receive the SIP’s official seal including the SIP logo and the signature of either or both the Director of Training and the President of the Satir Institute of the Pacific, for an additional fee of $10 per participant who receives a certificate of completion.
- Basic approval fees based on the length of the program
- 1 – 4 Days $200.00 CDN *
- 5 – 9 Days $400.00 CDN *
- 10+ Days $600.00 CDN *
SIP uses the country categories established by the United Nations Human Development Index and Organizations from Category II and III countries are offered reduced rates. Please contact SIP for more information.
** The Satir Institute of the Pacific Training Directorate and the SIP Administrator will make final decisions of all approved programs.
*** All approved applications will be kept on file for future reference.
All approved trainers and supervisors must fill out an application yearly and submit to Satir Institute of the Pacific
Countries in which SIP Members have presented programs:
Australia, Czech Republic, China, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Kenya, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA.
SIP Members currently presenting programs outside Canada:
John Banmen, Nitze Broide-Miller, Angie Dairou, Madeleine DeLittle, Michael Dupont, Marie Lam, Anna Low, Linda Lucas, Kathlyne Maki-Banmen, Anastacia Metcalf, Jennifer Nagel, Carolyn Nesbitt, Christopher Ng, Sandy Novak,
Additional Satir Model Resources:
SIP has also been a source of much of the written and electronic material about the Satir Model, through its Satir Journal published from 2006 to 2012 which is still available through EBSCO and in print. There are many books published by SIP members or containing contributions by SIP members, as well as the STST demonstration tapes available through SIP library or store. Much of this material including an Annotated Bibliography is listed on the SIP website and available through the SIP office.