Level 2 TST Summer Intensive 2019
July 10, 2019 - July 19, 2019
Bethlehem Retreat Center, 2371 Arbott Road, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6S9Register
Sponsored by the Satir Institute of the Pacific
10 Day Summer Intensive Training Program on using the Satir Model
The focus of the program is to improve participants’ competence, congruence and confidence in doing transformational, experiential, systemic change therapy. The course leader will utilize lecturettes, small group discussions, structured exercises, demonstrations, experiential learning and skill practice sessions to assist participants to move their therapy into a positively directional, change focused, experiential process.
The emphasis will be on bringing about transformational change in individual therapy, couples’ therapy and family therapy. As well, some attention will be given to working with specific symptoms in therapy.
Pre-requisite STST Level 1 or an equivalent program approved by the Director of training.
This Program Will Help Counsellors and Therapists:
- Use their Self in a competent, confident, congruent and creative way throughout the Satir therapeutic process.
- Make therapy experiential, positively directional, change focused throughout each aspect of the therapeutic process.
- Make the therapy process systemic, working on changing the intrapsychic within the context of interactive relationships and changing the interactive from the intrapsychic changes.
- Tap clients’ Life Energy as the stimulus to growth and transformation.
- Help clients access their subconscious processes and bring them into awareness.
- Re-frame symptoms into solutions and find the positive resources in symptoms.
- Help clients access, accept and utilize their internal strengths and resources and increase their ability to own their internal processes and increase their choice-making possibilities.
- Collaboratively work with clients to set positively directional therapeutic goals in both intrapsychic and interactive systems.
- Facilitate bringing about transformational change and anchoring and integrating the changes.
- Help couples and families connect in an accepting way and resolve differences.
- Appreciate their own personal and professional growth process.
Early Bird Rates before April 1, 2019
Residential (Includes tuition, program manual, accommodations, 30 meals, snacks. Check in 3:00 pm July 9)
SIP Members - $2997
Non Member - $3097
Commuter (Included tuition, program manual, 10 lunches, 7 dinners plus snacks. Check in 8:30 am July 10)
SIP Members - $2097
Non Members - $2197
After April 1, 2019
SIP Members - $3097
Non Members - $3197
SIP Members - $2197
Non Members - $2297
$1000 Deposit in CDN funds due upon application with balance due by May 10, 2019. Full refund if application not approved. Cancellation prior to May 10, 2019 is subject to an administration fee of $100. After May 10, 2019 there are no refunds but you may transfer the balance of your registration less deposit to another TST Level Program within the next 12 months.
Payment via PayPal below after which you will be taken to a registration form if not you can register here
Bursaries are now available for all programs on a limited basis for those with demonstrated need. Please see application below or contact our office with any questions. Applications for Level 2 due by January 31, 2019
For more info Contact:
Satir Institute of the Pacific