Grief, Loss and Change: Maintaining Vitality Through Transitions
August 13, 2020 - August 27, 2020
Zoom - OnlineRegister
Online Training Using Zoom - Grief, Loss and Change
3 Days - Thursday August 13, 20, 27 from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (PDT)
This Grief and Loss workshop will be:
One session per week with one-hour lunch, and 15-minute morning break.
Small group work will be conducted in breakout rooms.
Approximately 12.5 hours of teaching, 4.25 hours per day
FOR ONLY $300 (SIP Member Rate)
With Linda Lucas, LCPC and Anne Morrison, MSW, RSW
This online course on Loss and Grief will help individuals and families experiencing grief associated with loss. The focus will be on helping people change their behavior, identify, experience and express their feelings, change limiting beliefs, resolve unmet expectations, and meet and experience yearnings. Participants will begin to experience their universal yearnings and life force energy to experience new possibilities of healing and growth in the face of loss and grieving.
People have experienced loss and are grieving because of coronavirus resulting in the quarantine situation. In Chinese Medicine each organ is connected with an emotion. The lungs are connected with grief. The lungs are the most affected area of COVID-19. We are being called to grieve and honor the cycle of life, death, and rebirth. Grieving allows us to be present with our heart and allows it to soften. Allowing More connection to flow in and out of us. We have experienced a loss of safety, in some instances; loss of work, loss of money, loss of family members, and loss of freedom to move outside of our homes, loss of being able to go to work, and loss of connection with our family and friends.
- gain experiential knowledge about emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical impacts of loss and grief
- gain a deeper awareness and acceptance of the internal impacts of loss and grief, including behaviour, feelings, thoughts and expectations, and yearnings
- Mourning, transforming, letting go
- New beginnings, new possibilities, new relationships
- discover and experience feelings, and express feelings
- discover resources of Self, and new appreciations and strengths
- make new decisions to support healing and growth – transformations within ourselves and others
- see grief as a process to integrate our loss; not an illness to be medicated or managed
Lesson Topics will include:
- Updated definitions of grief and its purpose
- Owning my experience in the present – its energetic manifestations
- What is happening inside for me when I am grieving?
- Iceberg Metaphor with Loss and Grief
- Processing loss and grief from the coronavirus and the quarantine
- Positioning it within my Loss History
- Grief and Love - why do I hurt so much?
- The Grief Process and how it dovetails the Satir Stages of Change
- Tapping into the positive resources within each grief stage
- Appreciating survival energy when I have experienced a loss
- Experiencing pain, transforming pain into a new relationship with loved one or loss, and love and surrender
- Identifying and Using internal resources and strengths
- Experiencing the freedom of the Grief Resolution Letter
- Trusting my Self as I learn from my experience of Loss
- Making and implementing plans, accepting the present moment
- Building new connections, new relationships
- Where to from here?
Before August 3, 2020 refunds minus a $50 administration fee. After August 3, 2020 there are no refunds.
Please submit payment via PayPal below and after you will be taken to a registration form. If not you can register here
SIP Members $300
Non Members $325
For more info or to register by phone contact:
Satir Institute of the Pacific