Foundations of Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy Part 1
March 13, 2021 - June 6, 2021
Zoom - OnlineRegister
New Online STST Foundations Program
Foundations of Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy
Part I (part 2 will be available in September 2021)
March 13 - 14, April 10 - 11, May 8 - 9 and June 5 - 6, 2021
9:00 am to 2:00 pm PDT online Via Zoom
32 hours of online training
(4 Saturday/Sundays over 4 months)
With Linda Lucas, MA, LCPC
Linda Lucas, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, MA, LCPC, has extensive training in Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy. Linda is an enthusiastic, experienced trainer and provides trainings for professionals, teachers, educators, staff, and families working with at-risk adolescents, attachment issues, addictions, couples, families, grief and loss, and self-care. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Sangamon State University in Springfield, Illinois, USA, and earned a Master of Arts in Human Developmental Counseling at the University of Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, USA.
Linda is Secretary of the Satir Institute of the Pacific, Clinical member of the Satir Institute of the Pacific, a member of the Satir Institute of the Pacific Training Directorate, and a trainer for the Institute. She is an approved senior trainer and faculty for the Banmen Satir China Management Center. Linda is a licensed clinical certified supervisor for Idaho licensed professional counselors. Linda has a private practice providing clinical supervision, and therapy to individuals, families, and couples. In addition, Linda provides Soul Contact/past life regressions. Linda travels throughout the world conducting Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy workshops and programs.
and Jennifer Nagel, MA, RCC
Jennifer Nagel, MA, RCC has extensive training in the Satir Model and has been leading trainings for a diversity of groups including therapists, educators, school programs, community groups, at-risk adolescents, therapeutic programs, non-profit organizations and corporate groups. She has presented many workshops and training programs in Canada, China, and Kenya. Jennifer is a member of the British Columbia Association for Clinical Counsellors, the International Family Therapy Association, the Virginia Satir Global Network and a clinical member of the Satir Institute of the Pacific (SIP). She is the former Director of Training for the Satir Institute of the Pacific (SIP), and on faculty as a senior trainer for the Banmen Satir China Management Centre. Jennifer also works with individuals, couples, families and youth in private practice, and provides clinical supervision to other therapists. She is the author of “Magic in the Muck: Finding Grace in Chaos” and is passionate about teaching Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy programs around the world.
THIS PROGRAM WILL HELP COUNSELLORS AND THERAPISTS:
- Use experiential process throughout their therapy sessions to access healing Life Energy
- Explore and facilitate change in clients' intrapsychic and relational systems
- Make contact with clients' internal experience and create safety quickly and deeply
- Surface clients' survival communication and coping patterns and help clients experientially choose more positive possibilities
- Collaboratively with the client, begin to set positively directional, intrapsychic therapeutic goals for change
- Help clients access, accept and utilize their internal strengths and resources in the change process
- Map the internal processes of clients and help them access and change their behaviours, feelings, perceptions and expectations
- Help clients integrate and maintain their changes
The program will include several therapy demonstrations and video study opportunities. Participants will be expected to complete a minimum of 9 hours of trio homework outside of the live online classroom hours to practice specific aspects of the program.
The Foundations of Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy program consists of 8 days of online experiential learning via Zoom. In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants are also required to complete:
- An additional 9 hours of trio work outside of classroom time to support skill development.
- A written assignment is due after completing the training to help demonstrate understanding and integrate the concepts taught.
Foundations of Transformational Systemic Therapy (STST) is for practicing counsellors and therapists, and other helping professionals presently working with people. The focus of the program is learning and practicing Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy to bring about change with individuals, couples and families.
This program is experiential, with lecturettes, small group discussions, structured exercises, demonstrations, and skill practice sessions as part of the training. Participants will be required to work in trios between sessions to practice what they have been learning in the program.
Satir’s Transformational Systemic Therapy Model (STST) is unique in encompassing both the intrapsychic and interactive components of therapy. Much therapy of the past has been focused only on clients’ behaviour, cognition or affect. The Satir Model is focused on the whole human being, tapping into their internal resources and universal yearnings to facilitate transformational change within their personal, family, and social systems. The Satir Model process facilitates development of increased levels of competence and congruence in the therapist.
STST processes are supported by therapeutic and neurobiological research. Evidence-based research supports experiential, systemic, positively directional and change focused therapeutic processes to bring about neurological changes in clients. STST emphasizes that therapists create and provide the conditions for attachment, hope, positive possibilities and safety in order to facilitate change.
The experiential processes provided by the training program allow participants the opportunity to have both personal and professional growth. The program will provide several therapy demonstrations and skill development opportunities.
1. learn to make contact and build rapport with clients to stimulate their healing energy
2. understand and incorporate the basic therapeutic belief system of the Satir Model
3. use experiential process throughout their therapy sessions
4. surface and identify clients’ communication and coping patterns
5. prepare clients’ family of origin maps (genograms) and surface dysfunctional personal and family dynamics
6. transform clients’ problems into positively directional goals
7. learn the Satir process of therapeutic change through mindful process questions
8. facilitate clients to access, accept and utilize their internal strengths and resources
9. transform family rules that diminish clients’ self-esteem
10. facilitate clients to increase their self-esteem and choice-making possibilities
11. map the internal processes of clients and help them access and change their behaviours, feelings, perceptions and expectations
12. facilitate clients to change the impact of past events and negative experiences
13. facilitate clients to integrate and maintain their changes
14. become more effective counselors / therapists in using the Satir Model
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Family Physicians, Mental Health Counsellors / Therapists,
Instructors of Family Studies and Family Therapy, Counsellors working in Private Practice, Schools, Hospitals and Social Agencies, Clergy, Social Workers, Addiction Counsellors, Child Care Workers, Nurses. Graduate students in the above fields who are working directly with clients are also welcome.
Other helping professionals as approved by the Director of Training
The Satir Model Family Therapy and Beyond by Virginia Satir, John Banmen, Jane Gerber, Maria Gomori, Science and Behavior Books. Available on our website
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE
This online workshop will be Part 1 and there will be a Part 2 (32 Hours online) offered in August 2021. After Completing Foundations Part 1 and Part 2 participants may qualify for in person Level II Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy (dependent of Level II Criteria on website).
Early Bird to January 29, 2021 - $897
After January 29, 2020 - $997
Full Payment due with application, full refund if not accepted into program. No refunds after February 19, 2020. Refunds minus $75 administration fee before February 19, 2020. Please click Buy Now to process your payment. Please complete the REGISTRATION FORM after payment.