Foundations of Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy Part A
October 15, 2021 - February 12, 2022
Zoom - OnlineRegister
Foundations of Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy Part A
9:00 am to 2:30 pm PDT online Via Zoom
45 Continuing Education hours of online training
(5 Friday/Saturday over 5 months)
THIS PROGRAM WILL HELP COUNSELLORS AND THERAPISTS:
- Use experiential process throughout their therapy sessions to access healing Life Energy
- Explore and facilitate change in clients' intrapsychic and relational systems
- Make contact with clients' internal experience and create safety quickly and deeply
- Surface clients' survival communication and coping patterns and help clients experientially choose more positive possibilities
- Collaboratively with the client, begin to set positively directional, intrapsychic therapeutic goals for change
- Help clients access, accept and utilize their internal strengths and resources in the change process
- Map the internal processes of clients and help them access and change their behaviours, feelings, perceptions and expectations
- Help clients integrate and maintain their changes
The program will include several therapy demonstrations and video study opportunities. Participants will be expected to complete a minimum of 9 hours of trio homework outside of the live online classroom hours to practice specific aspects of the program.
The Foundations of Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy Part A program consists of 10 days of online experiential learning via Zoom. In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants are also required to complete:
- An additional 9 hours of trio work outside of classroom time to support skill development.
- A written assignment is due after completing the training to help demonstrate understanding and integrate the concepts taught.
Foundations of Transformational Systemic Therapy (STST) is for practicing counsellors and therapists, and other helping professionals presently working with people. The focus of the program is learning and practicing Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy to bring about change with individuals, couples and families.
This program is experiential, with lecturettes, small group discussions, structured exercises, demonstrations, and skill practice sessions as part of the training. Participants will be required to work in trios between sessions to practice what they have been learning in the program.
Satir’s Transformational Systemic Therapy Model (STST) is unique in encompassing both the intrapsychic and interactive components of therapy. Much therapy of the past has been focused only on clients’ behaviour, cognition or affect. The Satir Model is focused on the whole human being, tapping into their internal resources and universal yearnings to facilitate transformational change within their personal, family, and social systems. The Satir Model process facilitates development of increased levels of competence and congruence in the therapist.
STST processes are supported by therapeutic and neurobiological research. Evidence-based research supports experiential, systemic, positively directional and change focused therapeutic processes to bring about neurological changes in clients. STST emphasizes that therapists create and provide the conditions for attachment, hope, positive possibilities and safety in order to facilitate change.
The experiential processes provided by the training program allow participants the opportunity to have both personal and professional growth. The program will provide several therapy demonstrations and skill development opportunities.
1. learn to make contact and build rapport with clients to stimulate their healing energy
2. understand and incorporate the basic therapeutic belief system of the Satir Model
3. use experiential process throughout their therapy sessions
4. surface and identify clients’ communication and coping patterns
5. prepare clients’ family of origin maps (genograms) and surface dysfunctional personal and family dynamics
6. transform clients’ problems into positively directional goals
7. learn the Satir process of therapeutic change through mindful process questions
8. facilitate clients to access, accept and utilize their internal strengths and resources
9. transform family rules that diminish clients’ self-esteem
10. facilitate clients to increase their self-esteem and choice-making possibilities
11. map the internal processes of clients and help them access and change their behaviours, feelings, perceptions and expectations
12. facilitate clients to change the impact of past events and negative experiences
13. facilitate clients to integrate and maintain their changes
14. become more effective counselors / therapists in using the Satir Model
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Family Physicians, Mental Health Counsellors / Therapists,
Instructors of Family Studies and Family Therapy, Counsellors working in Private Practice, Schools, Hospitals and Social Agencies, Clergy, Social Workers, Addiction Counsellors, Child Care Workers, Nurses. Graduate students in the above fields who are working directly with clients are also welcome.
Other helping professionals as approved by the Director of Training
The Satir Model Family Therapy and Beyond by Virginia Satir, John Banmen, Jane Gerber, Maria Gomori, Science and Behavior Books. Available on our website
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE
This online workshop will be Part A and there will be a Part B offered in 2022. After Completing Foundations Part A and Part B participants may qualify for in person Level II Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy (dependent of Level II Criteria on website).
Early Bird to September 3, 2021 - $1259
After September 3, 2021 - $1399
Cancellation Policy - Full Payment due with application, full refund if not accepted into program. No refunds after September 24, 2021. Refunds minus $75 administration fee before September 24, 2021. Please click Buy Now to process your payment. Please complete the REGISTRATION FORM after payment.
Country Index Rates
Satir Institute of the Pacific as a non-profit and registered charity provides a limited number of reduced rates based on the United Nations Human Development Index to participants who wish to apply. These are available on a first come first served basis. To apply please provide your full registration details including your name, full mailing address (including country), phone number, contact email, employer and address, and occupation to email@example.com. All applications must be received a minimum of one week prior to program start. If your application is approved, we will confirm your registration, fee, and payment method. Group 1 countries no reduction, Group 2 countries pay 75% of the program fee, Group 3 countries pay 50% of the program fee and Group 4 countries pay 25% of the program fee. To see your country category, check the chart here
Bursaries are now available for all programs on a limited basis for those with demonstrated need. Please see application below or contact our office with any questions. Application Deadline for the Fall Foundations is September 3, 2021
For more information Contact:
Cindi Mueller, Administrator